So another week at work starts off with a bang. I got treated like shit by a co-worker for a joke, that happened last week. Obviously the man has no sense of humor. And is very mature. He wouldn't even look at me or address me and scurried out the door like his ass was on fire. But hey, it's Monday and I have 60 hours to be in this place this week. I'm not going to let the assholes piss me off or bother me. I'd rather piss them off, it's more fun that way.
Less than 15 minutes later, I got jumped by our resident schizophrenic/epileptic who refuses to take her medications. You see, the pills aren't right. So she won't take them. And then she has seizures. Because we don't give her the medicine, but we do, but it's wrong. Yeah. It's like that. She wanted to speak to my boss, who just had open heart surgery last Thursday. She just got released from the hospital and won't be back to work for some time. So I told her that. She said she had to talk to someone about this problem with the medicines. I told her that she could talk to me about it because I'm going to be the one setting up the medicines while the boss is gone. And by the way, you need to go to the pharmacy and pick up those prescriptions you refused to fill. She didn't like that. I wasn't trying to appease her. And I'm still not. She said she would talk to me after breakfast. That's cool. You're not going to piss me off today. No one will.
After she hemmed and hawwed, trying to think of a strategy to use against my impeccable armor of "U mad?" she finally came down an hour and half later. She went with me into the office, carrying her medicines that I had given her at breakfast. She asked if I was going to sit down. I told her no, I was just fine standing up. She didn't like that. I told her she could sit if she wanted to, but I was more than happy to stand up. She grunted and then told me that she shouldn't be talking to me about medicine because I don't know a thing about medications because I wasn't an RN. Logic fail. I've been doling you out your medications since you moved in here years ago. I can tell you what each pill is by just looking at it and telling you what it's for. You have no clue as to what you're taking or what they're even for, which is why you've only been taking one of your anti-seizure medications and leaving the other in the cup and walking away from them. I know what the medications are that I'm giving people. I need to know so if there is an error, I can catch it and correct it. That's common sense and a safety issue. I don't want to give someone the wrong medication and have something bad happen to them.
So I told her that perhaps if she actually took her medications, then she wouldn't have the seizures and would feel better, she got mad. She said that I wasn't letting her talk. I told her to go right ahead and talk. She said that she didn't want the medicines because they weren't right. She went to the pharmacy and told them that too. Uh huh. So I informed her, after retrieving the pill bottles that if she didn't like the way that we do things, that she could take care of her medications her self. I put the bag of pills on the desk in front of her. She was stunned. Didn't think I'd call your bluff again, did ya? She said "I'm a patient here!" To which I said, "We don't have patients here. We're not a medical facility." So she countered with "I'm a resident here!" And I said, that she isn't the only one and if she wasn't happy that she could take care of her own medications since we obviously were not doing them to her satisfaction. To which she said "I'm moving out." Of course, that doesn't work on me. I told her "Don't forget your medicines then."
She didn't know what to say then. Which is fine, at that point she's wasting my time that I could be elsewhere, actually doing something of import. She then demanded to know what medicines were used to control her seizures. I asked her then, if I didn't know about her medications, how could I tell her that. HA HA! She was not happy. To which I held up the cup of medications. I took the first one. This is your depakote. It is used to control your seizures. Next pill, a greenish blue capsule, tegretol, used to control seizures. Pale blue capsule, Prozac, 20 mg. You take 3 of them in the morning. It's for your bi-polar disorder and schizophrenia. You're not helping yourself by ignoring the medication. White capsule, geodon, also used to for your schizophrenia. Second white capsule, smaller, hydrochlorothyazide, a diuretic. Of course she took her depakote and tegretol and stomped out. That's fine. At least she took SOMETHING. And as of Sunday night, she'll be completely out of depakote.
So what does this have to do with music? Well, I surely wasn't mad or mildly annoyed when she threw her fit, I was amused. It took me every ounce of strength to not say "U mad?" to her more than once. Oh well, it's one of those days. And for days like this, you need some Dir en grey. Some bouncy, fuck you Dir en grey.
Dir en grey - Umbrella
'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Does Wordle
-
I play Wordle everyday as a mental exercise and I mostly lose my streaks by
either traveling or forgetting to do the word of the day, but I have been
foo...
7 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment