It's Monday again and I've been slacking off recently. I'm at work. Everyone bugged out early leaving the place to me again. Which means I'm trapped behind the desk for the last 5 hours of my shift. Whatever shall I do? Look at goofy ass music videos on YouTube. That sounds like a good idea while this weeks Kamen Rider W downloads onto my thumb drive to watch when I get home. It saves me the trouble of you know, actually downloading it at home, which would take a hell of a lot less time to do so because of the shitty connection that we have here at work. Then again, you get what you pay for, and we don't pay shit for it, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
Well, I figure I'd go full nerd today, not that it isn't obvious that I am one. I'm okay with this. I've been a big fan of They Might Be Giants for quite a few years. I've gotten to see them in concert several times and while it doesn't seem like these guys would probably be my cup of tea, I know the lyrics by heart to everything up until they started making the kids albums. The last TMBG CD I bought was the They CD. I need to get the newest one because I like several of the songs from it. They're very nerdy.
This one is for all you fundies out there, and I think you know who you are.
I noticed they they had made a correction to 'Why Does the Sun Shine' on the new album. I still have the single and have corrupted more than one person with their catchy tunes. A former roommate's stepson became highly addicted to them, in particular this song. My youngest brother S also became addicted. I think I like the original version better. It's much quicker.
Okay, so there is a video for the original so that one must go up as well. It's much faster and happy for lack of a better word.
Okay, so there isn't much substance to this song, but DAYUM is that a creepy Jupiter. It looks like it's going to devour the kid.
Okay, this one is pretty catchy too. They should play these kinds of songs for kids. They are informative and the videos are quite humorous. I like the 8-bit awesome.
And because I wasted a few years of my life in college studying this stuff and loved every minute of it, I have to have a chemistry related song. If songs like these interest kids in science, I'm all for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment