24 June 2010

Nice...

I live in the Midwest. You'd think I'd be used to the fucked up weather by now. Lately there's been pretty much two kinds of weather. Hot as fucking hell or fucking pouring down rain like a bitch with added thunderstorm. I'm really sick of both of these. I'm also sick of Missouri and Iowa sending their fucking bullshit this way. It interrupts quite a few things to have constant lightning strikes. You have to shut down electronics so they don't get fried in a power surge if the power goes out. I've lost a CD player to a power outage before and I'm not in any hurry to replace my PS3, computer or television. The first day I was off after my first string of working nights and around midnight a fucking storm blows up outta what seemed like nowhere. I don't watch television, at least American television and seldom listen to the radio so I had no idea until the grumbles started outside. We shut down everything and I played some Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor for awhile until the storms let up as I left the television on the only channel of worth, which shows the radar and any weather warnings. There was at least one tornado spotted during the big blow up and when everything died down, I turned the computer back on. Of course, the router was wanting to be a dick so RelUnrelated had to dick around with it for a bit. It seems that the router is having hard drive issues. Time to gut my old computer for one of my old hard drives. I proceeded to try to watch Garo again, stating, once again, every time I try to watch the series in it's entirety, something happens.

At three the next series of storms began, though less intense than the cluster that had gone through around midnight. It lasted just as long and I gave up on trying to watch Garo for the night/morning. I did get to watch the rest of it and Beast of the White Night yesterday, finally. RelUnrelated did admit it was a pretty interesting series, though he did seem to think the mermaid horror did show a bit of gratuitous boob. The main audience to for toku shows seems to be males, so I don't find it all that surprising. This was a mature series, unlike toku shows like Kamen Rider and Sentai series. Hell, the almost final boss was a giant topless woman in a g-string. What do you expect? The mermaid horror wasn't gratuitous compared to her.

Anyway, I'm assuming yesterday was hot as fuck because my computer told me it was in the 90's and the heat index was over 100. Fuck that. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like in August if we're getting August temperatures right now. So I headed to work tonight, (Still working nights by the way) and it was hot as fuck. We were about halfway when the radio popped up and said that the county that got hammered Monday night/Tuesday morning was getting it again. Tornado warning. Again. Storms were heading this way again. Wonderful. Maybe it would cool the fuck down at least.

So RelUnrelated and I parted ways at the car. He went to take pics of some buildings downtown here and I came into work a little early and proceeded to get some things started so I didn't have to deal with them later. By about quarter til eight, RelUnrelated came in to see what we wanted to do for supper for him, breakfast for me. I had him sit while I ran some meds to people before we decided. By the time I got back down, the sky had changed.

It looked kinda like this:
























Lovely, isn't it? That's right outside the back door at work at about 8:15 pm. The darkness is clouds. Lovely rainfilled clouds ready to dump on everyone and everything. The sky did look better... so much better. Like this, within minutes.

























Holy fuck. 26 minutes later I get the fucking picture uploaded!


















This is the front of the building, in the same time frame as the other two, except from the front of the building this time. It's very windy and what we didn't realize at the time was that the camera had slowed it's shutter speed down and was exposing the pictures for 1 second, which is why they ended up so blurry.

I think it's kind of neat how the flag is whipping in the wind at this point. Of course, this was before the rain started.

Before the rain could start though, I sent RelUnrelated to the sixth floor, the top floor at work here to take a couple of pictures from a higher perspective. He realized the shutter was staying open longer because of the low light at that point in time. They pictures turned out pretty cool. This is the city building.


















You can get an idea how quickly it got dark and how funky the clouds were looking. You don't see the layering as much in these pictures as you do in the ones out of the back door. He didn't go to the end of the hallways to take any pictures the other direction so you can't really see the way the sky looked from that height.

It started raining after we ordered our food and RelUnrelated went to go pick it up. It wasn't wimpy splash around in puddles rain either. The lightning was at a minimum for a change, but the wind was blowing and the rain was coming down pretty hard. I got off a few pictures from the front door, but only one turned out okay.


















You can't really tell the volume of rain that came down very well in this picture and I wasn't exactly outside during this. This was actually taken through the glass of the front doors. I wish I could have gotten a better view of the rain that wasn't all blurry.


And there was one other danger out. High speed buses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment