So it appears that I'm going to continue to work the night shift for at least the rest of this week, possibly continuing on into next depending on what the doctor decides about the co-worker I'm covering for. He may be off longer, or he may be allowed to come back, if he can do his job. I'm not terribly minding the night shift. It's much quieter at night and I have fewer problems. I lock the place up and commence work early, so I can take my time in the wee hours of the morning. Of course, being as my place of employment is located downtown, I get to see the drunks stagger out of the bars starting at 1:30 and going until 3:00 am. It's entertaining at times, but mostly obnoxious. Nothing like sloppy ass drunks staggering into the streets to wail endlessly and bray laughter like donkeys. I haven't had anything terribly out of the way happening from those outside the building, so I'm not going to complain.
I am however annoyed. When I came in this evening, I came into a wall of plastic. I was used to the quarter of the lobby blocked off with plastic sheeting as plaster repairs were being done on the ceiling. As of yesterday when I came in from a weekend off, they had left up the big tent in the lobby and moved into the activity room. They didn't bother to rope this off with anything but plastic sheeting on the floor and some tape that says wet paint. Fucking annoying. Tonight, I am surrounded on all sides by fucking plastic. I can't even get to the stereo so I can listen to music. I am fucking annoyed. I can't see shit. I can't see the front door, I can't see the side door. I can't see the stairs or elevator. I mean honestly, fucking do one thing at a time. Finish that shit behind the big tent then move to another area. Honestly, it cannot be that hard. It's nice to know they hired guys with ADD to fucking do the plaster work. I can't wait until they start repainting this place. That ought to be a fucking joke.

No comments:
Post a Comment