I'm so lax about doing some things. This week has been chaotic, so I should be forgiven for that. I've gone from working the 12 hour daytime shift to the 12 hour night time shift and made the transition in a day and a half so I do have a reason for being off for a change. This would normally be my weekend off. Of course, I'm at work at it's 11:30 on a Sunday evening. I've gotten the bulk of my work done for the night and am taking a little break to cool off. I'm sure I look fucking awesome. I have my slacks yanked up to my knees to try and cool off a little quicker in this fucking brick oven. It's actually working and I'm certain I look like a total dumbass. I don't care though.
What kind of music shall I look for today? Oh hell, I have no fucking idea. I'm playing Kamen Rider OPs in the retirement home? Hell yeah, we can go with that. I missed W last week because of soccer and W came out right before I left for work, so I need some kind of fix. Sure, Kamen Rider opening music and inserts.. I can get behind that. Most of the songs are pretty damn catchy and I have at least a dozen different albums so it's not like I've never listened to the music. I'm listening to a cd of it right now. Okay, let's do this.
Well the most obvious is Climax Jump from Kamen Rider Den-O. Why? Because I have an entire album of nothing but this song. Remixed, redone, reworked... whatever. Climax Jump, like Den-O will never die. The show will never end and there will never be enough remixes of this song. All I have to say is that the suit actors for Den-O had to have a pretty damn good sense of humor. The show is a riot and the actors even did an exercise video. Yes, I own it. Nothing like an exercise video that's broken up by fighting. Awesome. And I'll be damned if the song itself isn't catchy. Tell me it isn't and I'll call you a liar.
I watched Kiva, and after watching a show for awhile, the music tends to stay with you. Break the Chain is decent, but not as catchy as Climax Jump. There doesn't seem to be a PV up for the song so I went with a fan made video of Kiva's henshins. I'm all right with this, even if Wataru is a fucking crybaby. And he is. Not the most convincing hero at all. Had the show been more about his dad, it would have been as funny as Den-O probably. It's two shows in one. One in the past, one in the present and it switches back and forth between the two, and both sets of characters end up fighting the same Fangires. It could have been better, but it wasn't "Oh god what am I watching!" terrible.
I'm not going to lie and say I've watched Kamen Rider Blade. I haven't. What little exposure to it is from Kamen Rider Decade and Decade isn't canon for anything. Hell, he doesn't even have a story. But that's got nothing to do with Blade. That's not to say that I don't have the music to several Kamen Rider series that I haven't watched yet. This song is on the cd I made earlier today to just put in and listen to at work. It sucks having to sit for 12 hours with no sound. Blade Brave is a pretty good song, so enjoy.
Kabuto is another series that I haven't watched. Once again, Decade was my first entire Kamen Rider series so my exposure is from Decade. I like the concept behind the Grongi and the characters are interesting. Next Level has the kind of female vocals that I'm perfectly fine with. Damn I hate that annoying little girl voice.
Right now Kamen Rider W is airing and my current addiction. It's a pretty good show compared to the mess that Decade ended up being. The music for the show has been pretty decent as well. This is as close to watching today's episode I'll get until I get home. This makes me profoundly sad. Oh well. Enjoy some WBX ~W Boiled Extreme~.
'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Does Wordle
-
I play Wordle everyday as a mental exercise and I mostly lose my streaks by
either traveling or forgetting to do the word of the day, but I have been
foo...
7 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment