26 April 2010

Monday Music

I listen to music constantly. I enjoy most music with the exception of country and western. Country music sets my teeth on edge and annoys the fuck out of me. Why? I don't know. It could be the nasally fucking whiny twang that all country singers try to pull off, even if they don't have any kind of accent. That grates on my nerves more than anything under the sun. The songs seem to be either depressing songs about losing your _____ (insert noun here ie. dog, woman, job... etc.). Or drinking. Or how said singer is a no good cheat, or singer's man or woman is a no good cheater. I never have liked country music and there is a rule in my car and house. Any kind of music is fine, as long as it isn't country or western. There is an exception, but it's not really country. It is funny.



I guess that one other type of music annoys me. And that is any female that sings with a fucking little girl voice. It's just as annoying as fucking country music. Especially the ones that fucking sing with acoustic guitars and put on the air headed girly-girly act. I actually want to shove something pointy into my ears to make them bleed when I hear this type of music. I won't put any examples up. I refuse to look for them. I would rather eat my own vomit than listen to that type of music. I don't find it humorous, endearing, or fucking cute. It makes me angry. Probably because my sister B puts on this girly-girly act. Or she used to. She's getting older and it's probably getting harder to pull off. Here is a wonderful example of anti-airhead. And yes, this is an all female band.



I love me some Tool. I have since I first heard them years ago. My favorite song is still Sober. Vicarious takes a close second. I don't know why, but I love both songs. Maynard has a good voice and they always have interesting videos.




In the past couple of years I've been getting into Japanese rock, Visual Kei, and Darkwave/techno. If you want to see something different, you'll have no problem finding it. In particular, I've come to enjoy GPKISM quite a bit. They are definately Darkwave/techno and could also be classified as Visual Kei.



I'm not real big on Pop music or top 40 stuff in general. It's not that I can't stand it. It's just disposable music. It's fine if it's on the radio, I could care less what plays on the radio at work most of the time. It's like junk food. It's something that's not really what I would consider a meal, just something to distract me until I can have a meal. It's something that kills the silence and the constant sounds of traffic outside the building. Some of what I listen to is considered Visual Kei and could be considered Pop at the same time. In the end though, it's not so much Pop like I'm used to and more VK than anything. A perfect example of this is An Cafe. They're hyper and have catchy tunes that will stick with you.




Some of the music that I listen to, my husband picks up on right away because it's been an opener or a closer for one of the animes or tokus that I watch. He's like, "I know that song." It happens quite a bit and sometimes I find new music from watching the shows. Not always though. Abingdon Boys School have done several opening songs for anime. I heard them for the first time however on a BUCK-TICK album, doing a cover of one of BUCK-TICK's songs. They do songs in both English and Japanese, so it's interesting.




I like older stuff too, not just newer stuff. I like Dir en grey's older stuff and newer stuff. They don't go through all the trouble that they used to with the costumes and make up like they used to. I'm glad that you can actually walk into somewhere like Best Buy and pick up their albums and not have to order them somewhere for outrageous amounts of money because it's an import. I'm also glad that they've been touring here too. I'm hoping to catch them the next time they come to the States.



I would be remiss if I did not put at least one sappy song on here. This is one of my favorite Malice Mizer videos. It's got amazing amounts of detail in their costumes and the song is quite sad and so is the video.



It's also one of my favorite Malice Mizer songs, so how about the live version from their Merveilles concert. You gotta love the theatrics of Visual Kei.

No comments:

Post a Comment