18 May 2010

Updates


It's been a rush of the past few days and I finally have my house to myself again. I want to light up a cigarette so bad right now. I haven't had one since August 1, 2009. I love my family to death and my friends too, but I FUCKING NEED SOME TIME ALONE! Honestly. If you say you're going home, please do. Don't stay another night. Don't stay and then blame me for not going to bed at 10 pm. I never go to bed at 10 pm. I never go to bed at 11 pm or even 12 am. I go to bed when I'm tired and my brain is tired. I am an insomniac. I have been for as long as I remember. 1 in the morning late for you? Sorry, that's early for me. And yes, I've gotten up between 5:20 and 6:25 since Friday. And yes, I've had very little sleep. So if I want to sit in my living room and play some music and browse the chans to calm the fuck down, let me. Don't seem annoyed by my techno and loud obnoxious music. It's my house and it's how I unwind. And I haven't been able to at all really. The short moments that I've had to myself have been in the bathroom. I'm not the kind of person that wants to be around people all the time. I need to be alone for awhile. I just do. Not even doing anything necessarily, just sitting and rotting my brain. Can I not have that for just an hour or two? Nope.

But anyway. The surgery is over. He came through fine. He was given 2 units of blood on Saturday. They gave him two units of blood today. He's got pumps on his legs to prevent clotting and they've been shooting him up with heperin to also help prevent that from happening. He's been on anti-nausea medicine and it's helping some. He's still spiking fevers of 103+. His fever was breaking when his daughter and I arrived earlier. We didn't stay. He wanted to sleep and they put a new IV in him and had to put a new port in him. He was tired. I can understand. They're going to look at the surgery site tomorrow to see how it's healing. He's getting IV antibiotics every 8 hours and he's drinking like it's going out of style.

Just got off the phone with him. He was eating lunch and they're pushing him to eat more protein. They brought him ensure. At least he joked about it. I just doped myself with benadryl and cimetidine in hopes of sleeping some of this lack of sleep off. I just want some peace and quiet for awhile. Kitties and I are going to nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment